4 WAYS TO PLAN YOUR FASHION PHOTOSHOOT
1. DEFINE YOUR PHOTOSHOOT MESSAGE
To have a successful photo set, having a specific and inspiring concept is the core factor.
Therefore, you should brainstorm the idea, determine the concept that the photo set wants to convey by writing a brief description of the concept, the message of the collection, the keywords as well as related inspirations. in the plan. This will help you always be aware of the goal you are aiming for during the photoshoot.
2. RESEARCH INSPIRATION
Carefully examine how other designers have applied inspiration to help you have better perspectives when building a photoshoot plan.
However, the research and reference also need to be limited to a certain level, to avoid accidentally leading to creative plagiarism between fashion sets.
3. CREATE A PREPARATION CHECKLIST FOR YOUR SETUP
Having a specific checklist of things to prepare, from specific to broader necessities, to ensure your photoshoot runs smoothly.
1. Conceptualize a photo shoot (subject, inspiration/mood, light...).
2. Determine the location (indoor, outdoor).
3. Styling ideas (self-designed or borrowed items from brands/individuals...). 4. Collaborative photographers.
5. Model recruitment and posing ideas.
6. Plan the official shooting date(s).
4. ESTABLISHING AN OFFICIAL MOODBOARD
Creating a moodboard before starting the shooting set, or finding the “vibe” of model poses are extremely necessary. After all, a beautiful set of pictures is not only felt by individual tastes, it is also meant to elicit a two-way soulful interaction between the crew creators and the viewers of the image.